Thursday, January 10, 2013

So good to be back..

Today was the first day of the Spring semester.  One year from now, I will be entering my LAST semester of this LONG JOURNEY.  I have kept my eye on the prize the entire time.  I have made it through without failing any classes...I have only made a C a couple of times. I am SO proud. :)  Music Education is NOT an easy degree, so don't be fooled. I pat myself on the back for being able to hang with these students!  Seriously!  I quit playing my flute from 1998-2009.  That it CRAZY to even THINK I could do this! There is only a handful of people my age that would do it. haha  Guess we are CRAZZZYYY.

Today started out with Form and Analysis.  It was actually nice to be back in Dr. A's class and listen to classical music again.  Fantastic and calming way to start the morning.

Next, a little bit of practice time.  I totally forgot my etudes so I just worked on double tongue articulation, scales, and my Poulenc piece.

Then, it was time for Marching Band Techniques.  I am the only one in the class and I love it! I am going to get so much out of this class.  It really should be mandatory!!!  It is mandatory for me--because the school administration let me out of the actual marching band due to personal/family reasons.  Thank goodness.  I think I learned that I might not want to be a high school band director though. HAHA! There is SO MUCH behind the scenes work that goes into a Marching band that I don't know if I am ready for.  90 hours of preparation goes into every minute of a show! Can you believe that???  From the planning all the way to the rehearsals. OMG.  Makes elementary school look AWESOME. Just kidding....

Next, Classroom Management. BLAH.  I think it will be ok, but I am just not a fan of the classes I have to take in the College of Education.  I really despise them actually.

Snack time and practice time....

4:10pm---WIND ENSEMBLE!  This is my first semester to play with this ensemble and the vibe is so much different.  I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing yet. lol  I do know I love the choice of music, so that is a good thing.  

I enjoyed today so much after 2 weeks of doing absolutely nothing. I need this craziness in my life.  REALLY I DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment